Monday, February 6, 2017

Shower Thoughts

Around our house when one of us says I've had a shower thought, then look out we have come up with another idea. It is kind of a running joke, but then I get some of my best ideas while in the shower or getting dressed. I guess it is a time when you are on automatic and your mind has time to wonder around up there and sometimes some idea or solution to a problem will just pop out. That is what happened the other day with the zigzag blocks. I thought of another way to lay out the blocks.

Instead of alternating colors as I did in my first layout I tried grouping them by color sort of in a rainbow pattern.
The first one seemed to heavy on the bottom, so I shifted some colors around in a more diagonal pattern.


Then I shifted it again. This one is more to my liking, however I think I will make a few more blocks so that it is bigger and the colors can be in distinct rows. What do you think?

Hope you have good shower thoughts today,

Teresa

8 comments:

  1. That is really cool. I love this quilt. Great Shower Thought moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love where you are going with these blocks. It looks like a rainbow wave. Very nice. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope adding more blocks will enhance the wave

      Delete
  3. Love the phrase "shower thoughts!" It so effectively expresses the concept. I like your diagonal rainbow layout best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes my shower thoughts can be way out there but I think this one works

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! I love, love, love it! Great job. keep those shower thoughts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great shower moment. I really do like the last one in the diagonal color changes. You did good.

    ReplyDelete