Monday, February 20, 2017

DWM 2-19-17

I don't have anything new on the design wall, thank goodness. That is not to say I have not started anything new, it just means I have finished what I started. I have been on a scrap pillow kick this week. This is the second one. I posted a picture of the first on yesterdays post.
When I was pulling 1.5 inch strips for the first pillow I found a little plastic bowl of 1.5 inch squares plus a lot of loose squares in the drawer so I had to do very little cutting to put this one together. This one is a 16 inch and the first was a 18 inch  pillow.

I also have 64 large half square triangle ready to go the the guild work day tomorrow. They are made from 10 inch squares. I haven't seen the pattern they plan to use yet.
This was my focus fabric and I just pulled other bright fabrics to go with it. Hopefully these will make one quilt. The goal is 8 to 10 twin size quilts to go to Child Heaven, the charity of the New Beginnings Guild.


I finished quilting this one yesterday afternoon and hope to get it trimmed and the binding sewn on today. This one will go to Habitat which is the charity of the Quilt Lovers Guild. This was a fun technique for piecing the blocks and I may demo this to that guild. This is the third quilt I have gotten down to just handwork finishing this week. I guess when you don't leave the house for a solid week you can get things done. Not going to happen the same this week.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa




4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your guild work day tomorrow - sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was delayed going but got there after lunch and got a lot done, thanks for stopping by my blog

      Delete
  2. Lots of bright colors to make stitching time happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am ready for spring and trying to rush it with these bright colors, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete