Follow by Email

Friday, February 3, 2017

Spinning out of Control


March of last year these blocks were on my design wall. I don't remember where I saw this quilt and I know I made some changes to the original pattern. In the other quilt, it had small framed pinwheels in the middle of the larger pinwheel or friendship star. I decided to use just a total dark block. The best part of the pattern was the way they added blocks to the outside to continue the secondary pattern. Even though I had six of the large pinwheels pieced and enough of the split nine patch units made to piece the other six it got pulled from the wall and you know how it goes out of site out of mind.
Well I have uncovered them again and finally got it put together. I had to make 19 more split nine patches  and 14 of the light units for the borders.

It measures 68 x 86 so I don't think I will add additional borders. I will probably bind it in a dark blue or whatever I have. Now I have to find 5 and a quarter or third yards of something for the back.

As much as I am enjoying finishing a lot of these older projects, I have got to get out to the quilt shack and spend some serious time quilting. I mean they are not officially done until they are quilted and bound.

Happy stitching,

Teresa



2 comments:

  1. This is a stunning scrap quilt and I love the setting you came up with. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't take all the credit and I don't remember where I found the original I made some changes

      Delete