Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January in Review

Looking back through my blog post for the month I have to say January has been a good month. I have quilted five quilts for other people and four for myself. I have carried another four tops out to the quilt shack today ready to quilt. I had counted the tops already out there the other day and I still had eight tops to quilt so add the four I carried today and that makes 12. I will need to get out to the quilt shack more in February or I will be even further behind. One of the four I quilted for me was on my 12 for 12 list, the others were bonus finishes. Three of the four I carried out today will probably go to Habitat, the other is my En Provence. Two of these are on my 12 for 12 list so I have to get at least one of them done in February. One of the tops is one that I was a little short of fabric for the back. This is how I fixed that.
I had five left over blocks from the front so I inserted them in the back to give me the length I needed.

I have also pieced some baby bibs and mug rugs plus one pistol pouch this month as well and three purple blocks for the rainbow challenge.
I also put the blocks together for the North Woods top, but still need to add the border. I also pieced a couple of the 100 piece blocks for another project. All in all a very busy and productive month.

I also read a several books, one I just finished was "Mean Streak" by Sandra Brown , very good.

Hope everyone had as good a month, happy stitching.

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment