Tuesday, January 24, 2017

split rail

For lack of a better title I have been calling this the split rail. It was a pattern I saw on another blog, Nann's with strings attached. I got the borders on and the binding cut and pressed yesterday. I think I have enough of the border fabric for the back. I don't usually use something this dark on the back but I may this time just to get it out of my stash and to not buy anything else. It ended up being 62 x 82 so that will be a nice twin size quilt. As soon as I decide on the back I will move it out to the quilt shack and maybe move it to the head of the to be quilted line. This one is one of my 12 for 12 items for this year. Feels good to get it at least this far.

Opened another box and found part to another favorite Bonnie Hunter pattern.

The pattern in called Hopscotch and Butterscotch and I have already made it several times before. I have two in my living room now. The first on is make with 20 blocks and is made from left over Thimbleberries fabric. I had it out on the porch one cool day when we were sitting watching traffic and Johnny said "why didn't I make it big enough to cover better" so when we came in I came straight to the sewing room and started cutting it from civil war reproduction fabric. I made 30 of these blocks and it is long enough to cover head to toe.

This box held 5 completed blocks and a bunch of 4 patches and a few bar units in a variety of fabrics. If I remember correctly I was just using anything in my 2 inch scrap drawer and when I started putting them together I realized I didn't want the brights mixed with what I call muddy colors. I think I pulled the brights and made a kid quilt with fussy cut centers.

Yes I did, went back and found the picture from July 2012, not sure if I gave this one away or still have it. Oh well I think I will put these blocks together and give it to Ivy for quilts for Habitat.

I will post pictures when I get it together, until later happy stitching,

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration is a great way to spend time playing with fabric! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete