Friday morning I finished putting the center of the top together. I still need to add borders. I am using the same fabric I used for the corner stones. The pink is a Thimbleberries fabric but I didn't have enough to put it as the first inner border. I made 35 blocks and set them 5 x 7 to make sure it was long enough for a twin or full bed.
I made a trip to Ivy's house hunting for fabric to sash these blocks. I went looking for a lime green but ending up choosing this black print. I don't usually use a lot of black but one blogger commented that black goes with everything. I think I will use a variety of brights for the corner stones.
Since Ivy had plenty of this black I decided to use 3.5 inch sashing plus I am going to make 8 more blocks. This will make it a much bigger quilt, which means more strips sewn together for the pieced border. I worked on those more last night but still not finished.
1. piece the back for this one.
2. add borders, piece binding and piece back for this one.
3. finish last 8 blocks and would like to get this one put together but that might be a bit ambitious
4. press back and make binding for En Province
Yea right, well maybe will get some of it done. Got to fix supper in there sometime since we ate out last night don't think I can swing that again. I have got a busy weekend, hope you get some stitch time in as well.