Monday, January 9, 2017

DWM 1-9-17





Friday I finished piecing  Bonnie Hunter's mystery En Province. It was a week of pretty intense sewing and I let some other things slide. Saturday was out stitch day at the community center and despite the very cold temperatures we had a great turn out. When I got home I piddled with a few other things and then after supper I started on this heart. I finished the blocks and put it together on Sunday. I had a good start on both the reds and the neutrals in my box of 2.5 inch squares and then cut some more from the 2.5 inch strip drawer. I also had a bag of straps left from a patriotic quilt that I was able to cut some more squares from. Searching further I found a box of scraps that I think just got boxed up when I was trying to clean off my ironing surface. Definitely got a lot of cleaning and straightening to do in this sewing room.


This is the back I have chosen for the heart, have just under a yard of it but that will work since the heart is 31 inches square. I still have to make the binding, and I hope to get it quilted this week.









While I was in the mood to wrap some things up, as in get them ready for quilting, I pieced the backing and made the binding for the black, white and red rail.


It gets added to the list ready to quilt. Since I am still hunting a back for En Province this one may be my January finish and the heart a bonus finish. I also want to do a heart table runner before Valentine's day.

This weekend I also caught up on the zigzag blocks. Doing one a day didn't work this week, but got four done this weekend so I am back on track. I am thinking I will do about 30 which means I can finish in a month.

I have started repeating colors but different fabrics.

Until later happy stitching,

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. You've gotten so much done! Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart block and the backing you've picked is perfect.

    ReplyDelete