Thursday, June 1, 2017

More Charity Quilts

I quilted again yesterday and this is another quilt for the New Beginnings Quilt Guild. For this one we were asked to bring 2.5 x 5.5 brights, the guild would provide the white fabric. I really wanted to try something different in the open space but it was too large for my mid arm machine. From top to bottom of the white square on point it was 17 inches and as best I have 14 inches. Usually I don't try a pattern that is more than 9 or 10 inches deep. I ended up just stippling this one.

This little one is for Project Linus and the snowball blocks in the center were about 8 inches so I tried this swirl feather I had seen in one of my quilting books. Even after 9 attempts it is not exactly like the picture but was pretty close.

I am a lot more at ease quilting one of my own or one for charity than when I quilt for someone else. I always worry that they won't like the pattern I tried to quilt, although I tell everyone that I only free motion and that it is not perfect. I tell everybody that the quilt tells me what to quilt on it.

 Well I now have 6 of the 8 quilts finished and hopefully will get the other two done this weekend or Monday. I have already delivered two and hope to deliver two to each guild meeting next week. The last one I want see her until the Somerville stitch group meets again on the 17th. I have a couple of my own that I would like to finish, and someone has called and is bringing me some to the guild meeting.

As I was sewing the binding on one of the charity quilts that I finish to completion I was thinking about the type and amount of quilting people choose to put into a quilt, but I think I will leave that discussion for a later date.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment