Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Scrappy Trip

I got all the scrappy trip around the world blocks done and set together. This is one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns. I put them together in sets of four and as I was doing this I was really worried that this was going to be a very ugly quilt. I made 9 of the 4 blocks units and then added half units for the last row. I laid it out on the floor to photograph and decide if I needed to add a border and you know it is not an ugly quilt. I actually think it looks pretty good. I brought Johnny in for an opinion and a border it is. I had thought I might use a fabric that I bought at the guilds nickle auction.

We both think this might be a little much. So then I went back to the stash to see what I had yardage of that might work.

Of these two choices I think the purple, but I may look further tomorrow. Either way I feel pretty good about this one time wise, start to finish I don't think I have two weeks in it yet.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa





1 comment: