The 4th was a rainy, stormy day here but in between the storms I did get a little sewing done. Not anything towards my weekly goals but then that is just how it goes sometimes. First I worked on my rainbow challenge blocks. July's color is blue. I have been making three blocks of each color.
Here is my blue. I still have plenty of blue 2.5 inch squares left over so if I need another odd block I can make another blue easily. I had missed the month that was aqua/turquoise and I really didn't think I had enough variety to do more than one block if I could even get one. Each block requires 20 squares, however when I was cutting strips for the Scrappy Trip Around the World block I had a lot of this color strips in the drawer. I would cut my 16 inch required for that block and cut the rest of the strip in 2.5 inch squares. I had also come across some smaller pieces of this color in my fat quarter cabinet so I tackled this color as well and was able to get my three.
While it was storming and I had my machine unplugged, I trimmed some of the purple and white HST's for the Jacob's Ladder blocks and when the storm passed I sewed up three of these blocks.
I also did a little cleaning and putting way during some of the storm time so it was a fairly productive holiday. Last night I did get started whipping down the binding on that king size embroidery quilt but in 2 hours of stitching I barely got one side done, more to do tonight.