Sunday, July 2, 2017

Lost Week

When I logged onto the blog this morning and realized I have not posted since last Monday. I feel like I have lost a week in here somewhere. Granted I was gone all day Tuesday and Thursday and half the day on Friday. Saturday was spent doing housework and with the garden. Green beans were ready and we got 7 quarts off the first picking. Cooked one and froze the other six but that didn't leave much time for sewing.

I did decide that I had enough of the white fabric to make the HST's  for the inner border of this quilt. I got the first blue inner border sewn on and the triangles made and pieced together in the required amount for the second border. I actually finished sewing them on last night but no picture. Hopefully I will get the outer blue border on this week. I don't have as much going planned this week so should get some quilting done, but then that will depend on the garden.

Weekly goals for 7-2-17

1. Bind embroidery quilt--- she called and said she would be out of town for two weeks so that is why this item got pushed to the back burner.
2. Make HST's for Jacob's ladder blocks for 4-patch swap, should have enough white fabric to make the 42 blocks. They are 12 inch blocks so this will be a nice size quilt.
3. Quilt Elaine's two quilt tops. I would like to carry them to her at the guild meeting next Tuesday.
4. Add blue outer border to Blue All Around-- finishing this top will give me a choice for my July 12 for 12 finish.

I am not going to list any other items for this week but I have plenty of other things to work on if I finish these. I just checked and the rainbow challenge color for July is blue so I could work on those. I am behind the aqua or turquoise month.. Also when we were out Thursday we went to a quilt shop in Cullman called Quilted Treasures. She just bought the shop a year ago and is looking for teachers so this is something that is running through my mind. I may have to play with a few ideas this week. I do miss teaching.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment