Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wednesday clean up

I have spent most of the morning cleaning in the sewing room. Tomorrow Georgia is coming over to help me with my embroidery machine so I needed to get things in order so that there  would be room for two of us in here. Sometimes this room becomes just a path. I also needed more light at the cutting table and I had a floor lamp in the corner that I was no longer using with my machine. Johnny got me a little clip on LED light that gives me all the additional light I need at the machine.

You can barely see the lamp in the corner in this old picture, but it is easy to see I would have to move all that stuff out to get to it.


Got the top of my machine cabinet cleared off and pulled it out to vacuum behind, unreal amount of dust and lint back there.

The corner now looks like this. Still stacked up but neat and clean.




This is what is in 3 of the boxes in this corner, all new stuff. Brand new not cut, new projects, yet what has my interest captivated right now.



 Garden Party by Bonnie Hunter, using strips from my 1.5 inch drawer. This is old fabrics that have already showed up in several other projects. There is just something not right about scrounging all these scraps when I have perfectly good, new fabric.  When I get a little more caught up I will reward myself and open one of these new items, maybe.

One other thing  I did this morning was pull all the rest of my 12 for 12 projects and put them in this basket. This way I know what has to be finished by the end of the year. Hopefully at the end of the year I will be posting a picture of an empty basket and pictures of 12 finished projects .

Still have one more section of the room to work on so better get back to it.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment