Saturday, April 8, 2017

Baby Steps

I have always said I don't have an OCD bone in my body. I constantly work in what I call organized chaos, which I think is an oxymoron. Its not that I don't like a clean clear work space, it just that my creative side of my brain gets ahead of that housekeeping side.  However enough in enough, and I spent most of yesterday working on this sewing room (that was after I did some actual housework).


I have been thinking about ways to organize in a way to give me more space. This 3 drawer unit sits at the end of my cutting table and puts it basically in the center of my sewing space. As you can see it is a catch all for everything. The drawers are where I keep my strips, top is 1.5 middle is 2 and bottom is 2.5 inches so there is some organization to that part.


This is a photo of underneath my cutting table and believe me it was a lot worse since this photo was taken in Oct of 2015. Yes I have been thinking about this for a while.


Here it is this morning. Moving the drawer unit under the table clears a lot of floor space. Feels much less crowded. I still have a long way to go but it is baby step for this non organized person.


I went through the drawers on the left side of my ironing station. Found some surprises there, new fat quarter bundles. One drawer was full of partial projects and most went into my donate pile. Now to tackle the right side drawers or baskets.

The Quilt Lovers Guild has a nickle auction in June and I have almost filled a tub full of items to donate. Projects started but not finished. Some I have all the blocks made but I am no longer interested in putting the projects together. Some things like applique' that I know I will never finish. I am discovering some projects that I had forgotten about that I still want to complete so this is moving them up on the list of UFO's. Truthfully it is giving me a better idea of what I do have started.


 Happy Stitching,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment