Monday, March 6, 2017

DWM 3-6-17

I have 12 of the Thank You Stars done, only 8 more to go. I still need to find a sashing fabric. The pattern showed a darker tan stripe with blue corner stones, it did not have a border. I have a piece on blue on blue that has flags in it that I think I will have enough of for borders. I was thinking more of a gold maybe even a cheddar or a red for the sash strips. Just not sure yet, will have to dig into the stash to see what I can find. I didn't think I had enough different blues for the center of the blocks but I kept digging and found 7 or 8 different ones so they are not repeating to often.

I finished quilting En Provence yesterday afternoon, so that is one off my weekly goals.


Then I quilted this little baby quilt with the frog on the lily pad border. It is 42 inches square. It is a bonus finish not on a goal list.  I am keeping a log of everything I quilt and the little one was number 99. Not sure which top I will load for number 100 but it will be a landmark moment.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your EP finish! (Well, almost-finish, depending on when you will get it bound.) The baby quilt is very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got within 30 inches of having it bound yesterday, will finish today, thanks

      Delete
  2. Love the different backgrounds on your Thank you star quilt. I can't imagine it with cheddar sashing, but it will be interesting to see what you DO come up with. Sometimes it is surprising what turns up in the stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. believe it or not a darker cheddar didn't look bad but I didn't have enough

      Delete
  3. Hi, Teresa! Thanks for linking up. I saw that you finished the star blocks. I liked the cheddar, but yeah - if there's not enough, I'd go for that dark gold, too. Your plan for that sounds like it'll work well. Love your En Provence!! Can't wait to see it finished. I didn't get to do the Bonnie Hunter top this year. I still have two that need quilting, anyway. . . ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dark gold, as well. It's hard to find the perfect sashing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete