Thursday, March 9, 2017

Show and Tell

The Quilt Lovers Guild met Tuesday night at Ivy's house and despite the weather we had a good turnout. Cathy demoed a binding tool that I had seen before but this time it made sense. There were also lots of show and tell.

Becky was our spotlight person and in the info she said she started her first quilt while in college. She brought it for show and tell. Her grandmother hand quilted it for her. Absolutely gorgeous. 

This is another quilt from Becky. It is 10 inch squares with one corner sewed off. Makes a very interesting design.

Marty showed this top of houses and trees. She said it was the most fun she had had piecing in a long time.

This was Ivy's half yard challenge from last year. Due to foot surgery she was not able to complete in time for the December meeting. So she presented it to Mary Lou Tuesday night, better late than never, also why mine for this year is ready to quilt early.


I believe it was Laura who showed this. It was a gift but she borrowed it back to show.

This is another one Ivy shared. It was gifted to her from Francine.


Another from Laura. She is donating this on to the Renegade Group that makes quilts geared for boys.
Dianna brought two of her little monthly wall hangings.

Then she set up this card table. Wasn't sure what was going on until she unfolded this.

Do you think she loves those grand babies?


I showed my En Province, Spinning out of Control and the baby frog quilt which I have shown in previous post. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone or put the wrong name on a quilt, can't always see who is showing it.

Each month from the sign in list there is a drawing for door prize (which I won in February) and then a name is drawn for a UFO challenge. The person whose name is drawn has to complete a UFO and bring to the next meeting. For some reason I didn't have my camera ready so I didn't get a picture of Elaine's Mondo bag that she finished. Well guess who's name was chosen for next month, yep mine. While that shouldn't be a problem, I think I will try to finish one of those projects that keep getting pushed back so that it will really be a challenge for me. I have 3 in mind just haven't selected one yet.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa





No comments:

Post a Comment