Sunday, August 20, 2017

Another Week

It is the third Sunday in August and I am not sure where this year has gone. Looking ahead this week it is almost time for another Somerville Sew Day, so I have to make sure I am ready for that. Usually I try to have a quilt ready to bind, but I am not sure that is going to happen this week.

The Shoe Fly has gotten big enough to come off the design wall and move to the floor. I have 22 rows done and the original pattern had 26 but I think I have enough to add another row but that still means I only have 5 more rows to sew and attach. Of course these are the longest rows, but maybe I can get it to the flimsy stage by Saturday.

The pattern calls for a one and half inch inner border, I am using red, and a 3 and half inch outer border of the same fabric as the alternate squares and setting triangles. I will barely have enough of the blue to do this plus binding. If I am short I could bind it in the same red.


Weekly goals for August 20th.

1. Make 4 patch blocks for stitch day
2. work on Jacob's Ladder blocks using exchange blocks
3. quilt 2
4. work on shoe fly
5. piece backing and binding for pink charity top
6. work on cleaning and organizing sew room

Linking today with----
Oh, Scrap
Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful quilt in the works. The block design works well in a scrappy format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoe fly blocks are just so cute, maybe one of my all time favorites. yours is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! I think the red would make a nice binding for it, or even a scrappy binding would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! My kind of quilt, scrappy and lots of blue, in repros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've popped over from Slow Sunday Stitching. I do love this quilt, and as I've also looked at your Monday post, I see that you've finished the entire flimsy! It is lovely, and I hope you find enough yardage to do your binding.

    ReplyDelete