Sunday, May 21, 2017

Another Week

It is the start of another week and time for another list. Even though I did work on some things that were not on last weeks list, I did manage to get everything but the purse checked off. I got started on the purse on Friday, reading the pattern and trimming the pattern pieces for the style I chose. However that is as far as I got, I ended up having to go into town and with the three stops I made that killed the afternoon. This purse is going to be something different from the quilt patterns that I am used to, but I believe it is doable. It will go back on this weeks list, but will only get done if I can find a chunk of time to devote to it.

On Monday of last week I made the comment that I didn't have anything to quilt for others so I went to Janis's and got two of the guild charity quilts to work on. Then Tuesday afternoon my aunt brought a top over that someone in the church and cross stitched. She had said it was a double but when we measured it, wrong, king size. Purchasing a back for it was one of the stops I made Friday afternoon. Then while I was quilting Square Deal, I had two more tops brought to me to quilt, and yesterday at stitch day I got 3 more, so that makes 8. So this weeks list will be heavily weighted to the quilting side.

Weekly goals for the week of May 21, 2017

1. Purse
2. finish putting flower garden top together
3. work on 100 patch blocks, only need 6 more
4. Alabama - Auburn fabric boxes
5. quilt
6. quilt
7. quilt

I can only hope to get 3 quilted this week, but I have a little road trip planned for Monday and we may have roofers coming this week and who knows what the weather holds for us this week. I don't usually run my machine when it is lightning. Whatever happens it is going to be a busy week.

I finished the binding on Square Deal last night. This is a bonus finish for the year.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa

1 comment: