Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday, Friday

It is the end of the work week for those still on the job, but for me it is pretty much just another day except for it's connection to any event going on in my life. Tomorrow is Somerville stitch day so that means today I need to get everything ready for that. Yesterday I got a big quilt from my stash quilted and the binding sewn on so that I can carry that for some hand work.


I also got this little table runner quilted, but I finished the binding on it last night. I haven't taken a picture of it after it was quilted.



Last week I was trying to decide how to finish those pineapple blossom blocks. As you can see I decided to make 9 blocks an set them in a non traditional pattern. I think it works.

Friday also means I better be pretty far along on my weekly goal list and this week it seems I have worked on everything but what was on the list. I have gotten a lot accomplished just not necessarily what I had planned.

These are some of the demo blocks from Not a Wink. I presented this as a program at both guilds so I had a good bit of the quilt done at different stages. This week I have finished the rest of the blocks and have assemble a good portion of the pieced border. It won't take a lot to get this top together. Since I have done it in floral with green sash strips I think I will just call this on Flower Garden.

We got an estimate for a new roof and that may happen in the next week or two. I have four quilts that need to get quilted in the next couple of weeks but I don't think roofers would be too much of an interruption. 

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment