Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day

Happy Mother's Day to all, it was also decoration day at the cemetery where my grandparents are buried so I carried Daddy out there to place flowers on the graves and to visit with others who were doing the same. He says it used to be a big thing, one of those all day dinner on the ground events. He has only missed 2 in the past 70 years, once when he was in the army and in Korea and last year when he was too sick from Chemo to go.  So I will gladly drive the 60 plus miles to carry him.

Today is also weekly goals list day. Right now I don't have anything with a deadline or anything pushing so I had a little trouble coming up with a list.

1. log cabin table runner
2. 100 patch
3. work on Garden Party
4. purse
5. quilt on from stack
6. finish going through storage basket in ironing station
7. make either another fabric box or bib

I was able to mark off the items on last weeks list but that is about all I done until yesterday. I had felt bad earlier in the week and just couldn't get in the mood to do anything but Saturday was better and I tackled several little projects to completion.

I made this little quilt as you go patriotic table runner. It is bright and fun.

Then I had a half of a jelly roll of these civil war fabrics so I made another one.

I also made these mug rugs from the same patriotic fabric as the runner. So I felt like I had a pretty productive day even if they were all little things, they all got finished.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment