Thursday, May 4, 2017

Tedious





I worked a little on Garden Party last night and again this morning. I had told myself I would not start putting the blocks together until I had at least 50 of the units done. Again my will power is weak. I think I was over 40 blocks but not to the 50 mark yet but I just had to see how it was going to look. I know you are saying why couldn't you see how they would look with them just laid out on the design wall? Yes you do get an idea but actually sewn together, taking out that seam allowance just makes all the difference. So here is the first corner and I love it. It is going to be slow going, these 5 inch blocks are very tedious. There are at least 3 steps per block. I can see that this is one I will be working on between other projects.


This is something else I have been working on, my sewing room. For those of you that have been here before you know that it has mostly been just a path between sewing machine and iron/cut tables. I now have a much larger open floor space and notice the closet door even closes. I told Johnny I have got it going my way.

Georgia came over Tuesday and helped me with my embroidery machine and the software that goes with it. I have had the machine a year and a half and used it very little. I was really letting it intimidate me. There were so many things that I had just a partial understanding of and Georgia was able to fill in a lot of the blanks. So many areas she would be able to show me just one little added thing that would make it all make sense now. Of course the more you know the more you realize there is still a lot to learn. After I practice a few of the things I did learn I will get her back to take things a step further. We embroidered my name so that I can make me a name tag for the guild meetings. I practiced applique on a little puppy dog that I may make into a small pillow and she helped me make a rather lengthy label for a quilt. It was a good day but I was kind of on brain overload by the time we were through. Then I had to switch gears back to quilting because I was doing the program for the Quilt Lovers Guild Tuesday night so that was a very full day.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment